Monday, April 27, 2015

Inspiration & Motivation: Where Are You?

When I wake up in the morning... I want to draw and paint.

By the time I get home from work, I am so drained and unmotivated that I cannot find the urge.

Art used to be one of my favorite things to do to unwind and distract myself. It is frustrating to not be able to have my ideas go from my brain to a piece of paper or canvas.

I have THOUSANDS of photos to work from. Anything you can imagine. I have unlimited access to horses and various other livestock. I take trips to places that have subjects that I WANT to turn into art. I flip through magazines that are dedicated to western art and culture trying to draw from them. I have wandered from gallery to gallery in Jackson Hole - like the Trailside Gallery. I have set eyes on some of the most amazing pieces of work that were going up for sale in Jackson Hole in their legendary auction. I have been to the National Museum of Wildlife Art, the Whitney Western Art Museum  But I cannot make it happen.

My ultimate goal is to find myself as a successful - and well known western artist.

It is a tough goal to achieve. I am fortunate to network through social media with many successful artists. They work hard. They make it look easy, but we all know it isn't. One - who I have watched over the last 6 or so years - has gone from painting children's portraits and "dabbling" has come so far and has been making a name for herself as a western artist. However she has encountered some criticism and ridicule for her style. She is fabulous! There are two types of people in the art world: People who want to see you succeed and help you and support you and people who re jealous and want to see you fail. The same can be said for the equine world as well from what I have seen so far.
I am lucky to have supportive art friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment