Monday, July 15, 2013

100 Years Too Late.....

My mother always said that I was I born 100 years too late. She was right.

I have been dying living here in the city - well Spruce Grove was a town when I left 7 years ago... it has been growing at an alarming rate. It is becoming a city. The noise, the traffic, the people who always seem to be in a hurry.... It's a lot to take. If I didn't love my job so much and need the money, I'd move to the middle of nowhere and work in a crappy place making nothing just to live in a small town. I'd never set foot in the big city again!

I need to find myself a good country boy who wants to move me out to the boonies. I want to have a nice big art studio, and a garden, and horses.... and a BIG kitchen! And a Jacuzzi tub. And cats. I want to get married - but good guys are hard to find!!

You know who I love? Ree Drummond. The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network. And I love her kitchen. And her mixer is so pretty. She's so pleasant and always has a nice smile on her face while she is explaining to the viewers what she is making. She's just lovely! :)

Ok - that was random... but if you have never watched her show - I recommend it!

I found a horse on Kijiji that I want to go see.... Palomino Quarter Horse gelding, between 15-16hh, 5 but well broke.... but am I ready? I wanted to save up for a bit first... I have the money now.... but not the cushion I want to have for other expenses incurred where horse ownership is concerned. Also - I have no clue how I am getting a horse from point A to point B. I have a truck.... but no trailer. Ugh.... What to do..... Should I take my chances and wait to see if he is there in a month? I think I should wait.... I need to be prepared.


Anyways - here is what I got up to yesterday.... Colored pencil on cradle board, 9x12x1. Done from a photo I took at my friend's farm. First horse piece & colored pencil piece I have done in quite some time! I am liking working on the board. Thanks Michael's for putting them on sale! Lol! I bought 2 of the 9x12 ones and one 4x4....



No comments:

Post a Comment