Sunday, October 5, 2014

How I Spent My Birthday

Here - in no particular order - are a few photos I took while out on a birthday ride with a few girl friends. It looked like we weren't going to get the sunshine that the weatherman said we were going to get, but when we got to Chickakoo - the sky magically cleared up and it was a beautiful day! I like to think my mother had something to do with that... Reminded me of my 30th birthday 2 years ago. I was still living on Vancouver Island and I went to Tofino for my birthday. The whole day was rainy and cloudy. I had always wanted to see the sun set into the ocean and I never had. During dinner and a restaurant on the water, right around sunset time, the sky cleared up and I saw my sunset. I was full of wine and very emotional over the experience. I like to think that was my birthday gift from my mother.
So - back to last Sunday - I worked my poor horse hard. He was pretty slow going for the most part but I had him running a few times!
We also took a picnic lunch out with us and found a nice spot to sit down and enjoy it. It was the perfect way to spend a fall afternoon!
 












 


No comments:

Post a Comment