Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love art supply stores. The one here in town isn't the greatest, BUT it has it's high points. They also frame - so I can purchase mat pieces to draw on there - something that I have recently discovered. I have tried drawing on suede mat - which I LOVE - thanks to Kenna, of Sorrel Studios. She is an incredible artist. I have to admilt, I "stole" the idea from her, and I think she created a monster!!! Wonderful stuff to work on the suede mat is, but it takes some getting used to!!! I have also found other types of mat wonderful to draw on! Like today, I came across this mat that has a denim look to it - and an incredible texture, though it was on the green side. I drew this palomino appy youngster, 7.5"x9.5" on it. I am offering it for sale at $25.00. If you are interested, e-mail me at islandponyartstudio@hotmail.com ! He is unframed... so you can do anything you want with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment