Monday, December 15, 2014

National Finals Rodeo

So - last Monday - I got to go to the NFR in Vegas!! What an amazing experience that was!! I wish I could have taken my good camera.... all I got was some crappy iPhone pictures.... but pictures are proof I was there!


The pre-show was awesome! Pyrotechnics and a laser/light show, a young lady 3who had won a contest to sing the anthem and she nailed it.... and the crowd was insane!! The theme this year was breast cancer so there was a lot of pink out there.... including the cowboys!
 

It was an honor to see the very best in the world compete.... Sherry Cervi, Fallon Taylor, Cody Ohl, Lisa Lockheart, Bobby Mote, Trevor Brazile, Luke Branquino, Curtis Cassidy and Jake Vold - the Alberta boys just to name a few! Even got to see Curtis Cassidy win the steer wrestling round that night! It was humbling to be in that building with such great talent!!
 
Cowboy Christmas was also pretty incredible.... 90,000 square feet of horse and western stuff! The Calgary Stampede had a set up and I saw some neat "artifacts" there...




I also was excited to see Rocketbuster Boots booth... their boots are amazing works of art!

If you EVER get a chance to go - TAKE IT! Even though I only got to go to the rodeo for one night it was still great!! 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment